School Uniform and Dress Code
The uniform policy at Lutheran East is designed to create a professional appearance amongst our students, supporting the focused academic environment maintained at Lutheran East. Below, you will find detailed descriptions of the policy specifications for young women and young men. The dress code applies from the beginning of the first period of the school day through the end of the last period. Clothing must be clean, in good repair, and of proper fit.
- Khaki colored dress pants (Schoolbelles like) OR Lutheran East plaid (purchased from Schoolbelles), the hem of which will be no more than 2 inches above the knee
- A belt is to be worn when wearing school pants
- Solid white button-up blouse or button-up Oxford (Schoolbelles like)
- Lutheran East embroidered blazer (MUST be purchased from Schoolbelles)
- Dress style shoes or boots
In addition to the required uniform items listed above, young women have the option of wearing the following articles of clothing:
- Lutheran East plaid cross tie or LE plaid tie (purchased from Schoolbelles)
- Lutheran East embroidered v-neck sweater or sweater vest (purchased from Schoolbelles), worn in addition to (not instead of) required uniform pieces
- Solid black, gray, or white colored hosiery or leggings when wearing the Lutheran East plaid skirt
- Khaki colored dress shorts (Schoolbelles like) during the months of August, September, May, and June
In addition, shrits must be tucked in at all times, buttoned appropriately, and ties properly tied and in place at the top of the dress shirt.
Please Note: the following articles of clothing are prohibited for both young men and young women:
- Polo/golf-style shirts
- Cargo-style pants or shorts
- Pants with more than two back or two front pockets
- Open-backed shoes or slippers
- Pants made of jean, denim-like materials, or pants with rivets
The administration reserves the right to make determinations on dress code infractions or on whether or not attire fits into the dress code policy.